Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A SPIRITUAL COMPASS

When I lived in Pennsylvania many years ago,I was out in the woods as snow began to fall and quickly covered the ground, It was getting dark and I was about one mile from where my car was parked on a dirt road. Although I was young and in good health I began to fear that I might have to spend the night in temperatures belo mal as I became disoriented and nothing looked familiar. I could hardly see anything and didn't know how to proceed Eastward which was the way to safety. If only I had a compass, but I didn't! In uncertain times people need a spiritual compass. We look around us and see trouble everywhere. Presently there is a threat from COVID-19. One can easily get weighed down by some of the more dire predictions. Or, one can look up to God.  Psalm 127:1 says, "I will look up unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth." Consider the words of Psalm 43 where we read: "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance and my God “ (verse 5). Sometimes the best therapy when you are downcast is to “talk your way up” by praising the Lord. 

Stay safe and keep pressing on, Pastor Tom.






No comments: