Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 06, 2020

ARE YOU LIVING FOR JESUS?

The prolific hymn writer, Fanny Crosby wrote, "One life to live will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last." I can hardly believe how fast my life is passing, and you probably feel the same way about yours. In the end what really matters? How many of our achievements will be remembered? The fact is that 100 years from now, every single person you personally know will be dead, and not one of them will be remembered. That's the sad reality of life. How many people can you name who lived in 1920? Who was the President of the United States in 1920?  Who was the last King of England? Go to now, you that say, today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas you know not what will be tomorrow. For what is your life? It is a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away” (James 4:13,14). Consider these words as you consider the brevity of life: “But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24). The apostle Paul was willing to die for Christ; are we willing to live for Him? It’s only by living for Christ that we find a purpose in life that transcends this world. May God receive glory from the short duration of our earthly existence!
Keep pressing on, Pastor Tom.



No comments: