Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NO GREATER THAN HIS PRAYER LIFE


It is easy to preach about prayer and talk to others about the need for prayer, but hard to pray. The title of this post is taken from a bookmark that I have on my bulletin board that sits above my desk. On the back are the words of Leonard Ravenhill who said, "the church has many organizers, but few agonizers; many who pay, but few who pray; many resters, but few wrestlers; many who are enterprising, but few who are interceding. People who are not praying are playing.... in the matter of effective praying, never have so many left so much to so few... Brethren, let us pray.


But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer (1 Peter 4:7).


How may I pray for you?


Pastor Tom

3 comments:

kj said...

Thank you for your 'Armchair Theologian' blog. It's a blessing to read.
I have printed the words of Leonard Ravenhill to have in front of me in my office as a daily reminder to strive for the latter instances and to step back from the first as is most often the case.
I pray my prayer life will grow and strengthen my walk with Him.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Was trying to get this Leonard Ravenhill quote source (I found it quoted in a Bible Study but not referenced where it came from). I didn't have the full quote. So, thank you! I used it for my blog this morning when speaking of Christ's modeling and teaching on prayer. :)